1. go to the pool once a week | it has rained an odd amount for being Austin and being June, which foiled my plans on more than one occasion. i didn't even get to the pool once this month, and for that i am sad.
2. run at the park at least once a week | i decided i wasn't quite ready to get back out and run, but i have been walking a few times a week with co-workers and it's been so lovely!
6. visit Shelby in San Antonio to have wine slushies at The Alamo | so bummed i didn't do this yet.
7. write 2 essays for my memoir | okay. so i really, really meant to. i did a lot of brain-work on what i want to write, and did write some other stuff (poems and an essay for an Elle call for reader submissions) to get back in the swing of things.
8. eat fruit every day | so, i should have known i wouldn't be able to do every day, but i definitely had fruit more days than not this month, which is a
9. make a new flower crown | gah, i forgot i even set out to do this last month. maybe i'll do it in July!
I feel like I average 4 or 5 completed goals a month. I guess that's not too bad when you think about it. As I write this post, Dago pointed out that trying to accomplish 10 small goals a month actually equals 120 goals a year. That's kind of a lot, and since I'm only doing 4 or 5 anyway, maybe it makes more sense to focus on fewer, more valuable goals each month (that way I don't keep forgetting that I even set out to do something). So, here are my five small goals for July.
1. write 2 essays for my memoir | let's do this!
2. visit Briley at camp in Amarillo | i've never driven this far alone, but if anyone is worth it, it's Briley! i'm going to drive all the way across Texas--10 hours--to hang out at Girl Scout camp with B and her girls.
3. read Wild by Cheryl Strayed | i'm eating up books this summer. Strayed's other book, tiny beautiful things, is my all-time favorite, so i'm really looking forward to reading Wild.
4. limit my shopping and work with what i've got | i'm a 30x30 champion now and should be able to make the most of my now-smaller wardrobe since my last shopping trip.
5. play outside in Austin | it's getting hotter, but i've been really enjoying going for walks at night, taking in the lighting bugs and the skyline. i love my city and there is so much to do all the time, so i want to take it all in as much as i can.
What are you going to do in July?